Eye Doctor in Atlanta
Woodhams Eye Clinic was the first Vision Correction practice in Atlanta, GA and has some of the most experienced eye doctors in the entire state of Georgia. Our eye doctors have been performing laser vision correction surgery since it was first approved by the FDA. Our skilled eye surgeons use this highly effective surgery to correct common vision problems including nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. We utilize use the most advanced technology available, including the latest diagnostic tools to thoroughly assess vision problems and determine the proper treatment options.
Choosing an Eye Doctor in Atlanta, GA
Choosing an eye doctor is a big decision for anyone as you will be entrusting the care of one of your most precious assets, your eyesight, to the eye doctor you select. Unfortunately, many people don’t know how to start the process. Here are some tips that we have found to be helpful:
- Start with your friends and family. Chances are someone you know has needed an eye doctor in the past, just think of the people that you know that wear glasses or contacts, and ask them about their real life experiences with their eye doctor.
- Trust your doctor. You have a family doctor for a reason…trust their opinion – ask you general practice doctor who they would suggest using for an eye doctor, they wont lead you astray.
- Look for professional organizations online such as the AAO and American Optometric Assoc. In addition, you can always check the reviews online of the practices you are considering and the BBB as well.
What are Some Good Questions to Ask My Eye Doctor?
- Am I really a good candidate for the procedure you are describing? Why?
- Are there any risks for this procedure? What are those risks?
- I know there are different ways to perform procedures, what equipment do you use?
- What are your qualifications? How many of these procedures have you done?
- What is the recovery process like after the procedure?
- Can you quantify how much my vision will improve after the procedure?
What Services do Woodhams Eye Doctors Offer?
At Woodhams Eye Clinic our staff of highly trained eye doctors offer a wide array of services within eye surgery. We have been serving the Atlanta area since 1983 and over that 30+ years we have helped thousands of people with a variety of eye conditions. Below are some of the conditions we help correct:
- Nearsightedness (myopia)
- Farsightedness (hyperopia)
We offer the following corrective services:
- LASIK with bladefree IntraLASE iFS®
- Cataract Surgery
- Enhanced Cataract Surgery
- Implantable Collamer Lens (ICL)
- Presby-Fix Inlay™
All vision correction procedures are performed in our private, on-site surgical center, which is certified by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). This allows us to provide you with a greater degree of safety, professionalism and comfort, and it reduces the amount of time you would need for vision correction surgery at an outside facility; it also saves you money by eliminating costly hospital fees.
Expert Eye Doctors with the Latest Technology
We offer comprehensive vision care using the most advanced technology available. Our accomplished team of Atlanta eye doctors is dedicated to staying on top of evolving vision correction technology, and we invite you to schedule a consultation, visit our office and learn more about how we can help you bring your world back into focus. Our commitment to offering you the safest, most comfortable and most effective vision correction technology extends from the diagnostic process to surgical treatment.
Helping Atlanta See Clearly Since 1983
Since 1983, the eye doctors at Woodhams Eye Clinic are proud to offer personalized vision correction surgery procedures that are safe, comfortable and effective. Woodhams Eye Clinic has been honored to introduce many new procedures to the Atlanta, GA area.